Advances in Atmospheric Sciences (AAS), co-sponsored by Institute of Atmospheric Physics and CNC-IAMAS, recently announced top 5 most cited papers published during 2003-2012 and 2008-2012. The result was obtained from Web of Knowledge.
The traditional business model, in which journals (print publications) are subscribedto, is being increasingly replaced by individually negotiated agreements for online access, referred to as “online deals.”Advances in Atmospheric Sciences was covered in 218 ‘online deals’ behind which 6,462 institutions in 2011. This leads to wider exposure, as well as visibility and usage, of AAS. According to Springer report, from Jan to Nov 2012, the full-text downloads total are 22223, mainly by users in the USA, Germany, UK, China, Japan and Korea.
Our most hearty congratulations to authors of the most cited papers! And submission of frontier research results in atmospheric sciences is always welcome!
1) Thomson Reuters Web of Knowledge provides access to the world's leading citation databases, including powerful cited reference searching, the Analyze Tool, and over 100 years of comprehensive backfile and citation data.
2) SpringerLink is one of the most used scientific content databases in the world. In 2011, the website recorded 314 million visits and 700 million page views. The number of full-text downloadsincreased strongly during the last couple of years, from 103 million in 2007 to over 187 millionin 2011.
Top 5 Most Cited Papers published in AAS during 2003-2012
1. Title: Quick measurement of CH4, CO2 and N2O emissions from a short-plant ecosystem
Author(s): Wang, YS; Wang, YH
Volume: 20 Issue: 5 Pages: 842-844 Published: SEP 2003
Times Cited: 190
2. Title: The progresses of recent studies on the variabilities of the East Asian monsoon and their causes
Author(s): Huang, RH; Zhou, LT; Chen, W
Volume: 20 Issue: 1 Pages: 55-69 Published: JAN 2003
Times Cited: 108
3. Title: Global coupled ocean-atmosphere general circulation models in LASG/IAP
Author(s): Yu, YQ; Zhang, XH; Guo, YF
Volume: 21 Issue: 3 Pages: 444-455 Published: MAY 2004
Times Cited: 91
4. Title: An overview of MODIS radiometric calibration and characterization
Author(s): Xiong, XX; Barnes, W
Volume: 23 Issue: 1 Pages: 69-79 DOI: 10.1007/s00376-006-0008-3 Published: JAN 2006
Times Cited: 81
5. Title: An eddy-permitting oceanic general circulation model and its preliminary evaluation
Author(s): Liu, HL; Zhang, XH; Li, W; et al.
Volume: 21 Issue: 5 Pages: 675-690 Published: SEP 2004
Times Cited: 77
Top 5 Most Cited Papers published in AAS during 2008-2012
1. Title: An Overview of the Semi-arid Climate and Environment Research Observatory over the Loess Plateau
Author(s): Huang Jianping; Zhang Wu; Zuo Jinqing; et al.
Volume: 25 Issue: 6 Pages: 906-921 DOI: 10.1007/s00376-008-0906-7 Published: NOV 2008
Times Cited: 49
2. Title: A Daily Temperature Dataset over China and Its Application in Validating a RCM Simulation
Author(s): Xu Ying; Gao Xuejie; Shen Yan; et al.
Volume: 26 Issue: 4 Pages: 763-772 DOI: 10.1007/s00376-009-9029-z Published: JUL 2009
Times Cited: 38 3. Title: Coupling Ensemble Kalman Filter with Four-dimensional Variational Data Assimilation
Author(s): Zhang, Fuqing; Zhang, Meng; Hansen, James A.
Volume: 26 Issue: 1 Pages: 1-8 DOI: 10.1007/s00376-009-0001-8 Published: JAN 2009
Times Cited: 30 4. Title: A fast version of LASG/IAP climate system model and its 1000-year control integration
Author(s): Zhou Tianjun; Wu Bo; Wen Xinyu; et al.
Volume: 25 Issue: 4 Pages: 655-672 DOI: 10.1007/s00376-008-0655-7 Published: JUL 2008
Times Cited: 305. Title: Coupled model simulations of climate changes in the 20th century and beyond
Author(s): Yu Yongqiang; Zhi Hai; Wang Bin; et al.
Volume: 25 Issue: 4 Pages: 641-654 DOI: 10.1007/s00376-008-0641-0 Published: JUL 2008
Times Cited: 27